Tips and Tricks for Faster Internet Speeds
Connect to the 5G Network
Connecting to the 5G wireless network will help your speeds significantly! If you’re leasing a router from NexGen, you will have two Wi-Fi signals to choose from, one of them being the 5G Wi-Fi network.
If you are leasing a Netgear Router
- Look on the bottom of the router for the SSID name. This is the name of your Wi-Fi connection. It should say something like “NETGEARxx”. (xx=a number chosen by Netgear)
- Go to the Wi-Fi options on the device you are wanting to switch to the 5G network and look for the SSID that matches the SSID on the bottom of your router.
- You should see the same SSID name with a “-5G” at the end of it.
- Connect to the 5G SSID with the password that is printed on the bottom of your router.
If you are leasing a Calix Router
- Look on the bottom of the router for the FSAN/SSID name. It should say something like “CXNKxxxxxxxx” (xxxxxxxx=a number chosen by Calix).
- Go to the Wi-Fi options on the device you are wanting to switch to the 5G network and look for the SSID that shows “CXNK-xxxxxxxx-5G” or “Nexgen-xxxxxxxx-5G”. (CXNK might be replaced with NexGen)
- Connect to the 5G SSID with the password that is printed on the bottom of your router. (WPA Key)
Number of Devices
You will experience slow speeds if you have too many devices connected to Wi-Fi at one time, especially if you are simultaneously streaming and downloading from many different devices at the same time. Using too many devices at one time will cause you to max out your speed. Try using less devices at one time or upgrading to a higher internet speed.
Wireless Interference can be mitigated simply by unplugging the power to your router for a few seconds and plugging it back in. When your router turns back on, it will automatically scan the wireless range and adjust its settings to find the range with the least amount of interference.
Place your router in a central location in your apartment, as high up as possible.
Yes! You will be sure to find the perfect internet speed for your needs at a price you’ll love.
No! All of our internet packages have unlimited data usage.
Yes! All of our internet packages have symmetrical upload and download speeds.
No! Tenants are not required to sign a contract with NexGen or pay early termination fees. You simply call NexGen to cancel your account at any time.
Yes! Our US-based support team is always ready and willing to help 24/7.
Customer Service can be reached during business hours. Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (CST).
No! Unlike most telecommunications providers, we have minimal hold times. Get ready for the best customer service experience you can ask for!
24/7 Technical Support. No exceptions.
What our customers are saying...
Been using NexGen for 7 months now; Location: Waukee. Works fantastic. Had a few glitches in the beginning of not getting my full 200 mbps but been running great since. I work from home so constantly online and no issues. Would recommend!Angela Mueller
On behalf of The Plaza Board and all of The Plaza residents, I would like to recognize and thank you and the entire NexGen team for the outstanding support provided during our recent TV, phone and Internet conversion. From the initial negotiations through the final installation, NexGen’s customer-focused attention to detail has been noted and appreciated.Cynthia
I rarely leave reviews unless I’m seriously impressed. Tech CJ needs to be commended! After a storm (on a Sat. night) knocked out reception to my TVs/receiver , CJ called me from out of town & walked me through the steps to get things working again.Mary Thompson
I had NexGen for almost two years. Internet was fast, reasonably priced, and the one time I had a customer service issue (debit card was compromised, which affected autopay) NexGen resolved it quickly and even refunded the returned payment fee on my account. Highly recommend.Bobby Steinhoff